Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things-- They save you.


-- Chuck Palahniuk

Thursday, December 20, 2012

17 Part 2: Laria



Aria's stomach turned again and she hugged the toilet. She had been puking all morning. The night before the girls had spent the night at a club on the boardwalk. It was the last day of their stay so they had wanted it to be phenomenal. She regretted it this morning. She stood up and a wave of nausea hit her again, making her throw up.


'How am I going to FLY feeling like this?! I already feel nauseous enough alone JUST flying.' Aria thought, heaving again. She heard footsteps behind her and turned her head to see Danielle leaning against the door frame, an odd look on her face.

"What is it Danielle? I am a little busy here." She groaned, a wave of dizziness hitting her. Danielle looked perplexed for a minute and then sighed.

 "I was just thinking that maybe the nausea could be something else.." She stated.

"I took a test." Aria said, scooting and leaning her back against the cool surface of the wall. 

Danielle shrugged. "There IS such a thing as a false negative. And you've been throwing up EVERY time we drink. It's weird. You have never had a problem keeping your alcohol down and now all of a sudden THIS trip you do. I have a Clear Blue in my luggage. Do you want to take it?"

Aria thought for a second. There was a possibility that the test was a fluke. It had just been a cheap test from the Dollar Tree because she hadn't actually thought she was carrying another of Levi's babies. 

She sighed. "Thanks, Danielle. I appreciate it."



Danielle went to the other room and came back with the test.

 "It's okay, Ar. People accidentally drink all the time when they're pregnant. If you are I am sure the baby will be okay." 


Aria nodded at her and she exited.

Aria waited the three minutes and stared at the test. 

The bright pink 'X' glared up at her from the tiny little stick. She sighed, tossing it in the trash. Looks like baby number 33 was on its way after all. Levi would be thrilled, but Aria still felt that little tug of guilt in the pit of her stomach. She really wished she hadn't drank these past couple of weeks.

"I'm pregnant." 

She announced entering the room where the girls were finishing up packing their bags. Mila and Ariana stared at her. Danielle smiled. 


"I knew it." 


Mila's head snapped towards Danielle. "I didn't. I thought you took a test?"



Aria shrugged. "I did, but I guess it was a false negative. I mean it happens." 

The girls all squealed and surrounded her in a giant hug. 


"We better head out, our plane leaves in an hour." Mila said, pointing at the clock. They all sighed and grabbed their luggage, heading to the check out desk.



Asher Rapture



Arcadia Rapture



Gotham, teen.



Glimmer, teen.



Zaire, teen.



Aria bit her lip. She could see Levi standing right outside the doors, but she was nervous to see him. Not that she didn't think he would be happy that she was expecting. But that he would be pissed at her for drinking when she was. She took a deep breath and opened the doors.

His face lit up the moment he saw her. He kissed her like he hadn't seen her in years. Head spinning, she giggled a little when they parted. "How was it? Did you have a blast? Did you meet any cute guys?" He asked the last question with a wink.


Aria looked at the ground. 

"Well, it was awesome.. But.." She sighed, looking him in the eyes. "I'm pregnant. I didn't know I was, I took a test but it was negative and then this morning I took another one and it was positive. I'm so sorry I drank and stuff Levi. I had no idea. I feel like such an i-" 


Levi stopped her by pulling her into his arms.



"Aria, you're doing that thing where you mumble uncontrollably because you're nervous. It's okay. I don't blame you." 

He put a hand on her stomach with a huge smile. 


"I'm gonna be a daddy again." Aria took a deep breath, relieved. 


"I plan on making an appointment for an ultrasound to check on the little baby. Hopefully it was too early for anything bad to have happened. I'm still a little scared."

They linked arms and headed to Levi's SUV waiting at the curb. They had a new house to unpack.

Aria slid into the rocking chair in the new nursery. She sighed. The new baby was due any day. There had been no complications on the ultrasound that they could tell from the partying. Aria was still slightly worried though.

She was about to pick up Arcadia and rock her to sleep when her phone rang. Before she could say a word a squeal sounded from the other end. 

"Mooooooooom!" Xailee's voice was ecstatic. 

Aria laughed. "What is it doll? What's got you so worked up?"

Xailee squealed again before saying, "Mom, I'm getting married!!"

Aria's face lit up, but then she looked puzzled. "What do you mean married? I didn't even know you were dating... Who the fluff is it and why do I hate him?"


Xailee giggled. "You don't hate him. His name is Zac. Erm, Zac Smores." 

Aria's mouth dropped open. She wasn't sure she had heard her daughter right.

 "As in, my boyfriend's brother?" She asked. Xailee paused for a moment before answering.



"Yes, mom. We had actually been dating a few months before you starting dating Levi. But I hadn't had the chance to tell you.. I want you to be my maid of honor. And I want Danielle and Sparrow to be bridesmaids."

'Sparrow...' She thought. 'That should be fun..'


Aria was about to reply that she would love to when a pain shot through her stomach making her drop the phone. She was in labor. "Levi!" She yelled. "The baby is coming."


12 hours of hard labor later. Winter was born. Perfectly healthy, no complications.



Winter Rapture- Baby 33

Teagen, child.

Literally 6 weeks to the day of Winter's newborn appointment, Aria found out she was pregnant AGAIN. She and Levi were once again, thrilled, but felt as if MAYBE they had moved a bit fast on the baby making train.


Gotham, YA



Glimmer, YA



Zaire, YA






(My little Fey babies are moving out on their own. </3 And they were some odd ones.)

When she called Mila and the girls to invite them over and tell them the news, she spilled the beans ahead of time to Danielle. 

"Jeez woman. Levi is a MACHINE. That's just a little disturbing. i can say that i really did NOT need to know you two woohooed this much."


Aria erupted into a fit of giggles that ended in her dropping her brand new android in a puddle and having to buy a new one

"So are you excited for a Rapture- Smores wedding you two?" Ariana asked, putting Arcadia back on the floor. The two of them were pretty close. Arcadia bragged that 'Airy loved her best' consistently.

Aria absentmindedly rubbed her belly.

 "I am. I mean, I kind of wish it were a different Rapture- Smores wedding, but that is a long way off." 


Danielle looked at her sympathetically. "I know the feeling. But I don't know if I will ever marry honestly. I don't know if it's my thing. But as for being excited for this wedding, i'm elated. I am proud to have your little girl as my daughter in law." She hugged Aria close.



"I am not thrilled about being on another giant metal deathtrap." Aria groaned. Mila laughed at her.

Aria felt a movement in her stomach. 

"Guys! The baby kicked!!" She squealed. 


The girls rushed over and all oohed and ahhed as they felt the little being kick. Levi and Aria had decided to keep the gender a secret since they planned on it being the last for a while. They wanted to watch the babies they already had grow up first.




As Aria's due date drew near she and Levi spent more and more time together. But despite their closeness, Aria had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that she just couldn't squash.


"Do you ever think about marrying me?" Aria asked absentmindedly one night when she and Levi were laying on her couch watching TV. Levi seemed taken aback at first but quickly recovered. 


"Of course I do." He said, stroking the hair out of her eyes. "And I would have asked you when you got off of the plane from Sunlit Tides if I would have thought you'd say yes."


Aria sighed. She let the conversation drop at that.


Soon after, Levi and Aria welcomed twins.

Rhythm Rapture- Baby 34

And Paxton Rapture- Baby 35.

A few days after she gave birth, Aria was at the library, picking up a book to read on the plane ride to Lucky Palms, which was in two short weeks. She was sifting through a shelf when she spied some familiar green eyes on the other side. 

"Carter!" She said a little too loudly in surprise. 


"Shhh," Came from behind her from a few different voices.



The corner of Carter's lips turned up a little at her embarrassment. 

"Hey Aria." He whispered, coming around next to her. 


"What's been going on? Still sleeping around?" He was joking, but that still stung a little. She scowled at him. "You know I have a boyfriend now, jerk."



A strange look played across his features, amusement maybe? It vanished as fast as it appeared. 

"Yeah, I heard about that. That Smores kid. How's that going?" 


Aria smiled. "He is pretty amazing. I noticed you haven't came by in a while. Did I do something?" 


Carter shook his head. "Of course not, Aria. I have just been... Busy." He said.




Aria frowned. "You're never too busy to see me. We have been friends forever." 

He shrugged. "I just have a lot going on right now. And my dad said he might be coming in town sometime. I'm thinking about blowing up my house when he is inside it." Aria's heart skipped. 


"He can't come here. You can't let him."


"Aria." Levi's voice sounded right behind her, his arm circling her waist. He looked at Carter skeptically. 

"I'm done, are you ready to go?" He asked.


 "Yeah, I'm ready." She cradled her book to her chest. 


"I'll be there in a minute." 


Levi nodded and headed to the checkout, casting another glance in Carter's direction.


"Your boyfriend doesn't seem like he likes me much." Carter said, amused.

Aria shook her head. "I think you're paranoid. He probably thinks you're a challenge dad or something." 

Carter looked repulsed. "As if I would be a part of something like that." He spat.


Aria's brow furrowed, her eyes stinging. "Yeah, you're right. You need to come see me sometime after I get back from Lucky Palms, okay? I miss you." 

Carter nodded. "Okay, Aria. Take care of yourself. See you later." He turned back to the shelves.




Aria walked over to Levi at the checkout counter. He smiled and kissed her on the cheek. 

"That's Carter right?" He asked. Aria nodded. "Was he a challenge dad?" Aria smirked, looking over at Carter's back, just now noticing his mohawk was gone. 


"Nah, he hates challenge moms. You have nothing to worry about."


Levi grinned, obviously relieved.

 "He has no idea what he is missing." He whispered, pulling her into a kiss.



No comments:

Post a Comment