Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things-- They save you.


-- Chuck Palahniuk

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

11- Heartbroken


Aria called Sparrow, anxious to see what was going on since she had had to rush home the night before. 

"What is going on with you?!" She demanded when she heard Sparrow's musical voice on the other end. There was silence and then a soft, soft sigh.

"Mom, I really don't want to talk to you. Like, at all." Sparrow whispered.

"Well, that's too bad. You don't really have a choice. I'm your mother. Now please, will just tell me what I did??" Aria demanded, her voice rising.


"I heard you had another little boy before the twins.." Sparrow began. "And named him Phoenix right?"

Aria was taken aback. "Yeah.. I don't see wha-" 

Sparrow sighed, interrupting her.

"Who was the father, mom?" Sparrow asked, her voice sounding tired.

Aria had to think for a minute. "Lee Chung, We've been friends for years, why would it matter who the father was?" 

"Are you serious?!" Sparrow sounded outraged."Maybe if you knew anything about your children or even bothered to freaking call every now and then you would know I was IN LOVE with him mom. For months now. And YOU had sex with him. And a baby even." 

Sparrow finished. Aria had never heard her voice sound so angry. 

"But.. it was an accident. I didn't even know you two were together! How was-"

Sparrow groaned. "Like I said, if you had bothered to call me, or even write me an email, maybe you would have known. You're nothing but trash mother. And I want nothing to do with you."


Aria started to reply but she heard the line click. Sparrow was gone. 

'How was I supposed to know..' Was all she could think.


She tried calling Sparrow back a few times but then gave up. She obviously wasn't going to answer.

She went upstairs to teach the toddlers a few things and take care of them. They were getting so big so quickly. She couldn't believe her youngest babies of Harry's would be out of the house before she knew it.


Speaking of Harry, Aria decided to call him. No one answered. She tried a couple of times and then just decided to head over there. She really needed someone to talk to.


She was about to knock on the door when a pretty, young blonde girl opened it before she got the chance.

Aria was confused.


"I'm sorry, Can I help you?" The girl asked, smiling. 

"Errm, I'm looking for the guy who lives here, Harry?"

This time it was the girls turn to look confused. 

"I don't know a Harry? I think you have the wrong house. I just moved in here three days ago. "

Aria's stomach dropped. "Three... Really?" She felt her eyes sting. 

The girl nodded. "I'm really sorry, " The girl said pityingly. "I wish i could help you." 


She turned and smiled sheepishly, shutting the door.

Aria could feel her heart breaking. Where was he? and why would he leave without saying goodbye? Or even telling her? It reminded her of Hidden Springs.. And her old best friend. 

She brushed the thought away.


Aria was freaking out. She decided a trip to see his mother was in order.

Ariana answered the door, her face pale and her makeup running down her face. Aria's stomach plummeted more, if that was even possible. She could tell by Ariana's face that something was really, really wrong.


"What is it? What's going on?" Aria asked, following Ariana inside. 

Ariana didn't say anything, she just put her head in her hands and started crying. 

"Seriously?? What the hell is going on?" Aria could barely breathe. 

Ariana looked up at her, sniffling. 

"I don't think you want to know Aria. I think maybe you should sit down." Aria raised an eyebrow. And then she sat. Dreading the words that would soon leave Ariana's mouth.


"Harry called me the other night, panicking. He said there was something he couldn't tell me but he really needed to borrow some money. I said it was alright of course and told him to come right over," Ariana paused and looked at Aria with concern.

"When he got here he looked terrible. He was disheveled and rundown. I didnt know what to think. But I handed over the money and gave him a hug. But as he was leaving.. Aria.." Ariana started crying again, harder this time. It was hard for Aria to understand her through her tears.


"He told me to tell you that there was no way he was ever going to be with you. That he had thought about things and he just couldn't deal with the things in your life. So he was leaving to Lunar Lakes." She looked at the floor.

"And he told me there was a huge chance i wouldn't see him again. Not for a long time. I don't know what to do!" She wailed.


Aria pulled Ariana off the couch and hugged her. She didn't know what to say. Or do. This was all a confusing mess. First the drama with Sparrow, and now this.

"Shhh," she whispered, putting her chin on top of Ariana's head. "It will be okay. Harry is strong. I don't know whats going on, but I have a feeling it will be okay." Aria lied. She had no such feeling. "Look, i have to go home and take care of the babies. But you can come by anytime. I don't want you to have to be alone."

Ariana shook her head. "I think I am going back to Starlight Shores tonight. I need to be with the kids." She hugged Aria again and gave her a weak smile.

 "I'm sorry,I know you cared about him. I wish i had more to tell you, but that is all i know myself."

 Aria was holding it together so well, she needed to get out of there before she exploded.


She gave Ariana a curt nod and ran out the door, bypassing Danielle on her way, saying nothing else.


Meanwhile, It was Birthday time back at home. The twins were now children. 

Locke.

And Little River.

Phoenix is now a teen.

She wanted something, anything, to make the pain in her chest go away. To get her thoughts off of what was going on she gave Levi a call. 

"Hey, do you want to hang out? Maybe get some drinks? And then afterwards come back to my house? Just as friends, I swear." 

Levi sounded elated. "Of course, I'll be there shortly." 

Aria smiled and hung up, pushing all of this nonsense to the back of her mind. She had had enough for one day.


She made herself look presentable and awaited his arrival.


When Levi got there he gave her a hug right away, a sad look on his face.

 "I heard about Harry skipping town, I'm so sorry." He looked sympathetic.

She shook her head. "Thanks, but I really don't want to talk about him. Ever. Can we go now?" Levi shrugged, not wanting to push it.


The moment they got to the bar, Aria could feel some of the stress slipping away. The music and bright lights excited her.

She ordered a drink right away, the acrid taste washing away most of what was left of the anxiety.


Levi laughed and ordered one of his own, leaning against the wall and keeping watch on her from the corner of his eye as she downed one after the other. 

Severely buzzed, Aria leaned against Levi and kissed him.

The kiss lasted a loooong time.



Making Aria's entire body buzz in a completely different way than the alcohol.

Levi put one hand on her chest and moved her away from him a little.


"Whoa, Aria. " He smiled awkwardly. "I thought we were just friends?" 

Aria laughed drunkenly. "We are!" She shouted loudly, drunk ears on. 

"It was jush a friendly kiss." She slurred.


Levi gestured to the couch across the room. "Here, why don't you sit down?"

Aria grinned and took a seat. Levi sat next to her. She put her head in his lap. 

"You look great tonight, you know." Aria's grin widened enormously. 

"Thanks!" She shouted again, over the music. All of a sudden she felt very dizzy, she slid down to the floor. 

"Ughhh," She slurred, nauseous.


Levi jumped up and knelt down next to her. "Hey, hey keep your head up. Are you okay?" 

He tilted her head to look up at him. 

"Yeah, of course gorgeous!!" She laughed, head spinning. Levi chuckled. "Okay, drunky. Lets get you home."

The twins aged up in the meantime and moved out on their own.
Blair
London♥


When he got her home he took her upstairs and laid her in bed. 

He kissed her forehead and was turning to leave when he heard her sniffle. He turned around and walked over to her side. 

"Hey, don't cry! Hey, i'm here."

He wiped a tear off of her cheek as she sat up. He stood there patiently while Aria pulled herself together. 

She stood up and almost tipped over, still dizzy. "I just.. Idon't want to be alone, Levi. Will you stay with me?" 

Levi nodded. "Of course I will. Do you not want to sleep? Let's go get you some coffee and sober you up." 

Aria smiled and followed him downstairs.


They sat at her table, Aria sipping the coffee and Levi just waiting patiently.

"I'm Sor-" Aria began but Levi cut her off.

"You don't have to apoligize. I don't mind being here. And I will be here anytime you need me even if I have to travel alllll the way from Sunset Valley to be here for you. You're a sweet girl Aria."

Aria couldn't believe he was being so nice to her. 

"Thank you, Levi. I appreciate it." Aria had finished her coffee, Levi sitting there quietly. And gorgeously. Things felt slightly awkward.

"So..." She started. 


Levi laughed. "I'm not here for the challenge just yet. I feel like I would be taking advantage of you in your current state of mind. But I will be ready soon. Right now, I think you need to heal. So I am going to get out of here. I had a great time Aria."

He walked over and hugged her.

"Thanks for everything, L." She whispered. 

He gave her a kiss goodbye and left. Aria felt a flicker in her chest. Maybe things would be okay after all...


A few months passed. Aria thought about Harry less and less. And the kids were just getting bigger and bigger. She knew now that Blair and London were out of the house she should probably get going on the next baby.

So she knew just who she wanted to be with.


Afterwards, Levi gave her a hug and looked her in the eyes.

"I plan on being here for you and the baby, Aria. If there is a baby."

Aria smiled. "Thanks, Levi. I appreciate that. There better be a baby!" 

He laughed and kissed her forehead.

"I want to stay friends okay? I don't want to just disappear and not be around. I won't interfere or anything, I just.. really care about you." 

Aria grinned. "Of course! Does that mean you are going to stay in Riverview for a while?" 

Levi nodded. "Yep, I mean what are vacation houses for?"

They hugged and Levi headed home.

It wasnt long before Aria received the call from her doctor confirming that she was pregnant. She glowed with it, elated.

She decided that with the birth of this baby she was moving on from Harry Little and every feeling she had bottled up inside concerning him. If he had decided she wasn't even worth an explanation, he wasn't worth her pain. As much as it still hurt, It was time to move on Or at least try as hard as she could. 



No comments:

Post a Comment