Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things-- They save you.


-- Chuck Palahniuk

Thursday, December 20, 2012

16- At Least For Now.


Gotham Rapture


Glimmer Rapture


Zaire Rapture


Aria sighed and looked over at Mila. "This is sooo drawn out. I wish your mother would just show up with the fluffing baby already." 

She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. She wasn't happy about this whole 'new sibling' thing at all. 

Mila laughed at her. She on the other hand, didn't mind.

"I don't know why you're so upset, Aria. Mom's only 40. And the baby was healthy. I am excited to meet her!" 

Aria grumbled again. She wasn't. 

They heard the door open from the other room and Aria jumped anxiously to her feet, happy they were finally there so they could get this over with.


Hadley's smile swallowed her face as she entered the room carrying the little pink bundle. 

Aria scowled. She already had a brother AND a sister. She didn't need any more siblings. 

"I would like for you to meet Ebony Rapture. The newest member of our family."
Aria cast her eyes upon the little being. 



She gasped. The baby was a perfect mixture of herself and Mila. She smiled, suddenly feeling a little different. 

"Can I hold her?"
Hadley smiled and handed Ebony over. Aria cuddled her close. 

'Maybe this new sister thing will be okay after all.' She thought. 

She laughed and played with the new baby for a few hours.


Finally, She sighed and gave the little being to Mila, saying her goodbyes and heading home. She needed to get some sleep as Joe would be there the next morning.

Joe was on his way over and Aria was ecstatic. She had felt conflicted at first, but decided she would, of course, have a baby for Joe.

They had grown up together and been best friends until he and Braydon had moved to London on his 18th birthday. She sat at her table and drank her coffee, just a little nervous. It was still a little dark outside, but dawn was just around the corner.

The doorbell rang and Aria rushed to answer it. Joe immediately scooped her up into a giant bear hug. "I missed you Airia." 

Aria frowned at him. "You know I hate that." Joe laughed. "Of course I do, that's why i call you that." 

Aria pouted. "Very funny."


Braydon smiled at Aria and she pointed at the staircase, indicating the way to the bathroom. He was never much of a talker.

Aria sighed and turned to Joe as Braydon headed upstairs. "So are you ready to head to the hospital? Insemination time." 


Joe chuckled. "Yeah, in a minute. But I have something to tell you. "

Aria sighed. Those words were never good. 

"Braydon wanted to be the one to donate. He wants the child to have his genetics, and then maybe in a few years we will have one with mine." Aria was relieved. "That's not a problem. Just go ahead and get him and we'll head out."

Aria left the hospital feeling kind of dizzy. That process had been.. a little different.


The morning she found out she was pregnant she rushed over to the place the boys had been staying to tell them the great news. 

For some reason, Braydon wouldn't meet her eyes and walked off to the other room. Aria was puzzled.

"What's up with him?" Aria asked, smiling and taking a seat on the couch. Joe sat beside her and smiled sheepishly. "Well, there is something I should tell you." He began, cautiously.

"Uh huh." Aria murmured. 


Joe got up from the couch and started pacing. He looked more nervous then she had ever seen him. "Seriously, Joe, what the fluff is it?" He sighed. "Well, Braydon has a... condition." He stated.

"Which is?" Aria deadpanned.

Joe looked down at the floor. "Well... He is... a werewolf." He whispered the last word so quietly Aria barely heard him.

"Are you kidding me?" she asked blankly. She stood up, hands on her hips.

"Don't you THINK that's something you should have mentioned BEFORE I got pregnant?" Aria spat, irritated. Joe sighed. "I didn't know if it would a problem, Air. i thought you wouldn't care no matter what, because it was for me." Aria put her arms across her chest. "I wouldn't have. IF you would have told me prior to the procedure. Now I just feel taken advantage of. I have to go , Joe."

With that, she turned and fled home.

When she hit her second trimester, she went in for her ultrasound, nervous that there would be a giant dog growing inside her swelling tummy. But everything was fine and the baby looked normal. She also found out she was giving Joe and Braydon a son.


Atlas, teen.


Knox, teen.


Arsen, teen.


She hadn't been talking to them much. The betrayal of not being told stung like crazy. Joe had known Aria wouldn't care, but he still withheld the information from her.

A few weeks later, she met the boys at the hospital to be induced. 10 hours later they exited with a baby named Brad Lee. 



"Maybe helping you with your challenge will help you forgive me, Air." He told her as she headed home, exhausted. He left a donation at the hospital so she could Have a baby of his as well.

Gotham, child.


Glimmer, child.


Zaire, child.


9 months later, Teagen was born. After everything, Aria forgave him. Joe had given her a beautiful gift in child form. She couldn't have been more thankful. It made her terribly sad to think they were now back in London and would not get to meet the baby for a long, long time.


Aria got her first tattoo after the birth of Teagen ♥

Aria had just gotten out of the shower when she heard a knock on the glass doors outside her upstairs foyer. 

She threw on a nightgown and headed to see who it was. She was half excited and half nervous to see Levi standing on the other side.


"What are you doing here?" Aria asked, stepping aside. 

Levi stepped past her and just stood there, looking lost. "I just wish you knew." Levi said, his voice barely a whisper.

Aria raised an eyebrow. "Knew... what?" Levi shook his head. "Never mind. I don't even know why I am here, I should go."

He made to go back out the door but Aria grabbed his hand. 


"Wait, Levi. Why ARE you here?" Aria pressed. Levi sighed. "I just, I can't stop thinking about the fact that I let you go."

Aria's heart skipped a beat. "What?" she asked, suddenly unsure she had heard him right. He stepped closer to her.



She froze. "I said, I can't believe I let you go. Those things I said.. I was just scared. I care about you. More than anyone I have ever met before."

She was almost 100% positive he could hear her heartbeat where he stood.

"You can't say those kinds of things to me, L. I can't believe that this is any more than what you told me it was." Her voice cracked on the last word.

Levi shook his head. "Aria.." he said. 

He took another step closer to her, closing the gap. And then he kissed her. The kind of kiss that makes your entire world spin.


Aria pulled away, taking a second to steady herself. "Levi, I can't. You know I can't."

He chuckled. "Who says you can't?" "I have to complete my challenge. I am already 30 babies in.. There is no turning back now." Aria laughed. "What, are you going to give me 70 babies?"

Levi pulled her to him. "We could start with just one more." Aria's heart fluttered. She knew she shouldn't...


She knew it was stupid to get attached..

This couldn't end well..

But her heart took precedent over her mind and she ended up right where they had been before.


The next morning, she lay cuddled in Levi's arms. She was still as confused as ever.

"Levi. What is this?' She asked quietly. He looked down at her. 

"What do you want it to be?" He asked seriously. "I want to be with you.. But I want to complete my challenge. So are you okay with being the daddy to 70 more kids?" Aria asked again, jokingly. Levi still looked serious. 

"I think I can do that. I would do anything for you."

Aria stopped laughing. She was shocked those words had come out of his mouth. "So what does this mean?" She asked again. "Are we together?" Levi smiled. "I think that we should give it a try." 

Aria returned his smile and he kissed her softly. Deep down inside something told her this wasn't a good idea. But she ignored it. She was happy. Something she hadn't truly been in a REALLY long time



Levi was everything Aria had hoped he could be. She couldn't believe how lucky she felt.


It wasn't long until Aria found out she was expecting another baby with Levi. He glowed with excitement.

"You know what I was thinking?" Levi asked one morning while they were hanging out by her pool. 

"Hmm?" Aria asked, basking in the sunlight, blissful. "Maybe we should move in together." Aria lifted her sunglasses and looked at him. 

"Seriously?" She asked, amused. She kicked the water a little giggling.

"What? Don't look at me like that, i'm serious!"

Levi laughed. "I know the perfect place too."


Teagen Rapture.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her out to the car. "But I JUST moved." 

Aria whined climbing in. "But, I'm driving. Tell me where to go." She stuck her tongue out and Levi sighed, climbing into the passengers seat.


They drove across town, Aria still highly amused that Levi was taking such extreme measures to convince her. When they came to a stop, Levi came around to her side of the car and opened her door, pulling her out and telling her to close her eyes.

He led her slowly a few yards forward.."Okay, now, open them." He whispered, in her ear.
"Oh. My. Plumbob." Aria gasped.



No comments:

Post a Comment