Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things-- They save you.


-- Chuck Palahniuk

Thursday, December 20, 2012

20- Wreckless


Before Aria left for Hidden Springs she went to the hospital, desperate to fill the hole in her heart. She chose a random donor and got inseminated, a few months later welcoming a baby girl named Summer and a baby boy named Finley into the world. Kimaria and Nataleigh were the only ones in the house now aside from the babies. Aria wasn't used to such a small amount of children around. And now she was at 40. She couldn't wait to come back and have another child.


Kimaria, child.

Nataleigh, child.


When the babies aged up into toddlers, they looked oddly familiar... She couldn't quite put her finger on it but she felt as if she recognized their genetics. It sucked that she had chosen a random donor and would never know.

Summer Rapture


Finley Rapture





"Mila, just shut up. I don't want to marry him. I don't want anything to do with him. Just keep your eyes on the road and quit death staring me." Aria crossed her arms over her chest and looked out the window. They were just outside the city limits of Hidden Springs, on their way to see their parents. Aria had begged not to have to fly so Mila had offered to drive and Ariana decided to go as well.


"I don't necessarily want you to marry him. I just can't believe you would hurt him like that. And just walking away after he proposed? I mean, you're not like that Ar." Mila explained, making the turn into the town. "I think you should have said yes. My son is now a wreck and I don't think you will ever get another chance you know." Ariana said matter-of-factly. She was slightly bitter that Aria had denied Harry's proposal.

Aria chucked her MP3 player at Ariana's head. "You shut up too. You're completely biased." Ariana scowled, rubbing the spot on her forehead where the player had made contact. Aria turned back to the window just in time to see Mila pull in her parents driveway.


 She saw Ariana's eyes widen at the house. Mila and Aria exchanged a look, smirking. Aria's mom had inherited the house from her parents and left it to her husband in her will.


Aria got out of the car and Mila opened the trunk so they could all grab their bags. "Are you okay with sleeping in my old bedroom?" Mila asked Ariana.

 "Our younger sister took Aria's." Ariana nodded, still looking slightly surprised at the size of Mila and Aria's childhood home. Ariana and Mila headed inside to put their stuff away and Aria sighed, leaning up against the car and pulling out her phone.



She wished there was a text, a missed call, something from Danielle. Her heart ached even just thinking her name. But of course, the screen was blank. "Oh my God, You're back in town?" A deep, scratchy voice said from behind her. Aria froze. She knew that voice. She turned around.

"Ethan, H-hey." Aria stuttered, slipping her phone in her pocket. Ethan smirked, running his hand through his hair. "I seriously can't believe you even came back after the mess you left. Jayberri hasn't been seen in months. And Kora has let everyone know what kind of shit you're pulling out in that crappy little town you ran away to." Aria looked down at the ground. "Riverview is beautiful." She mumbled.



She looked back up at Ethan. He was just as gorgeous as Aria remembered him. She had liked him from the time they were kids. He had been the guy everyone wanted. And the guy Aria would never have a chance with. "Jay is in Riverview too." Aria said quietly, glancing toward the house, wishing that Ariana and Mila would come back out. Ethan scoffed "Chasing after you, just like always. I am pretty sure he knew you weren't worth it when he traded you in for Kora. At least she's pretty."

Aria's jaw dropped, but she quickly shut it. "Why would you say something like that?" Aria asked, hurt. Ethan shrugged. "Act like trash and you get treated like trash. See you later." He turned and walked off down the street, leaving Aria speechless in his wake.


"He can be such an ass sometimes, I'm sorry." Aria turned to face the voice. The girl looked extremely familiar. "And you are?" Aria asked, her guard still up. The girls eyes widened. "Oh man, I know you! I work in Sunlit Tides. I bartend." She grinned. Aria was still confused when she heard Ariana gasp from behind her. 'Now she comes outside' Aria thought bitterly.

"What are YOU doing here?" Ariana asked, her cheeks tinged with pink. "I'm still confused." Aria stated. The girl moved forward in front of Aria and winked at Ariana. "I'm Eli. She kissed me." Realization dawned on Aria. "Oh my Gosh, seriously?" She laughed. "Why are you in Hidden Springs? I dont remember you from when I was growing up." She nodded at Ethan's retreating back. "I'm here for him. He's my cousin."



Aria's stomach turned. "Ahh, I see." She mumbled. Eli looked at Aria's expression and raised an eyebrow. "I just don't understand what all of you girls see in him. He is such a jerk. He slept with girls left and right in high school, never called them back and STILL had girls falling all over him." She sighed. Aria shrugged. "There is just something about Ethan. There always has been." Eli rolled her eyes. "No, the only thing ABOUT him is that every human being within 500 feet starts drooling over him. Because he is attractive. But he is an emotionless sociopath. And completely not worth it."



A fleeting idea wandered into Aria's mind. Maybe she should pursue Ethan. Just enough to make him a challenge father. Maybe being with him, someone who despised her, could make her feel better. Something other than this unrelenting pain...

"Do you think I could come by later?" Aria asked, still staring off into space. Eli seemed surprised, but nodded. "Sure," She wrote the address down on a slip of paper and Aria tucked it into her pocket. Eli narrowed her eyes. "You should really stay away from Ethan. He is nothing but trouble." Aria agreed with a nod, turning and heading into the house. She wanted to take a shower and change before they headed to Mila's destination.


"This car smells like I am transporting 15 prostitutes. How much perfume are you two WEARING?" Mila groaned, rolling down her window. Aria stuck her tongue out and Ariana giggled. They were almost to Mila's friends house. She wanted to stop by for unknown reasons and then they were going to head to Eli's. And Ethan's.


When they reached the house, Mila turned off the engine and got out, a cute, blue-haired woman rushing out to greet her. They hugged and giggled and as the girls face caught the light, Aria's eyes widened. She looked exactly like Brody. Aria quickly exited the car and shouted "Hey!" at the girls as they walked towards the door. They turned around, the blue-haired girl looking puzzled.



"Hi? Can I help you?" She asked, walking back towards Aria. Aria bit her lip, not quite knowing what to say. "Uhm, yeah, I actually wanted to ask if you know a guy named Brody?" Her eyes brightened. "Yeah, that's my son! How do you know him?" She smiled, her big blue eyes beautiful. Aria smiled nervously. "Actually, I uh, had his babies. Two girls. I guess they would be your grandbabies. Kimaria and Nataleigh. You must be Kimari." Aria handed over her cell and Kimari oohed and ahhed over the twins.



"Well, they sure are beautiful. You two did well." She handed the cell phone back and Aria grinned. "Thanks, feel free to come over any time to see them." Kimari nodded at her and she headed back to Mila's car, joining Ariana who was waiting outside of it.

 "i swear you know everyone." Ariana remarked. Aria looked back at the house, the girls now inside. "Well, I vaguely remember her from Mila's bachelorette party, and... I kind of hooked up with her son at a bar." 

Ariana's mouth dropped open. "Classy Ar, REAL classy."


Aria pushed her playfully and got back into the car. She couldn't wait to get to Ethan's, Er.. Eli's. As she was closing the door she could have sworn she saw a head of dark hair with green highlights flit around the corner. She shook her head, clearing it. There was no way. Danielle hated her, she needed to just get over it. She didn't want anything to do with Aria anymore. AND she lived in Sunset Valley. Miles from here.


"What is it?" Ariana asked, following Aria's gaze. "Nothing." Aria snapped, slamming the door.


"There's no way you were there. I would remember that." Aria said, annoyed.

 "I swear I was there. You had so much to drink I thought you were going to die. So that could have something to do with why you don't remember." Eli laughed. Aria looked at Mila. "She was at your bachelorette party? No joke?" Mila nodded with a grin. "She was, and so was Kimari. I am honestly not surprised you don't remember." Aria grumbled to herself, this whole conversation kind of getting to her.



'And I miss Levi. Why is he always the one I think about? I should just move the fluff on from this. I mean-' Her thoughts halted at once when she noticed who was standing in the doorway. Without a shirt on. Aria rolled onto her stomach and looked up at him. "Ethan. Hi." He smirked and leaned against the door frame.


 "Now you're in my house huh? Who would even let you in here?" Aria gulped. "Eli invited us over. We're staying the night."

Ethan sighed. "Well I can see she doesn't have very good taste in company." Aria's heart fluttered. "Yeah Well, she also doesn't have very good taste in family either, now does she?" Ethan's expression faltered. "Aren't you fluffing funny." Aria grinned. "Oh my God you two, just go away and talk somewhere else. This back and forth crap is making me nauseous." Eli whined, putting a pillow over her ears.



Aria pushed up onto her elbows and then stood. "Maybe I will." She looked at Ethan hesitantly. "You and me? Yeah, Rapture, I don't think that's going to happen." He snorted. Then he raised an eyebrow. "But, you know, I could use some small talk. I was just about to go make a drink. You want one?" All three of the other girls looked dumbstruck.


 "Aria, no!" Ariana whispered. Aria ignored her, stepping closer to Ethan. "Let's go."
Aria heard the hisses from the girls follow her down the hall. But she pretended not to hear them. She was ready to feel something, anything, besides this numbing black hole she had become.


Aria watched Ethan pour himself a drink from the bar in his bedroom, wishing maybe he was wearing a shirt so she could think clearly. "I don't understand why you hate me. Why you've always hated me." Aria said, taking the drink he had made for her.

He snorted, taking a long drink from the glass. "Aria, you have no idea the reputation you have held here. Especially after you left the way you did." Aria sighed, leaning against the bar. "It's like no one understands what I went through. The only thing anyone sees is that I ran away." Ethan walked closer to her, sitting his glass on the bar.


"No, everyone sees that you were too weak to face your own problems." Ethan put a hand on Aria's shoulder, leaning down to look in her eyes. "You've always been beautiful. Just stupid. You can't always run away." He tilted her chin upwards, making Aria's stomach drop. Something told her this wasn't a good idea, but she was going to do it anyway. Ethan put both hands on either side of Aria and leaned closer.



"I've always wondered how you taste." Aria pulse shot through the roof. Ethan pressed his lips to hers and Aria screamed internally. She had dreamt of this moment since she was a kid. And it felt completely wrong. And she loved it. What was it about this guy that made her weak in the knees? Shouldn't she be smarter than this?

"Ethan, you hate me remember?" Aria whispered. He smirked. "You have no idea. But I can't pass up this chance. Like I told you, I have always been curious about you." Aria knew she should say no.. But what did she have to lose?



"What did you DO Aria?" Mila found Aria in the bathroom, quietly crying. Aria shook her head. "It's like I have no self respect anymore. I don't know what's wrong with me." She looked up at Mila, her voice cracking. "I can't make it go away. It always hurts. I can't feel anything else. I feel like I lost part of myself somewhere." Mila pulled her close. "It will be okay, Aria. It will take time, but it WILL heal. I know Danielle misses you. And i know you miss Levi, but your soul mate is still out there, you can't keep doing this stuff though, you'll only destroy yourself."



"I don't think I'm me anymore, Mila." Aria wiped her mascara off and forced a smile. "I think I AM ready to go home though. First thing in the morning? Please? Just tell Hadley and Dad the kids needed me." Mila nodded and Aria headed off to sleep.


Kimaria, teen.

Nataleigh, teen.


Of course Aria was having Ethan babies

On her way home from baby shopping, Aria ran into Carter. The look on his face told her he knew. "Ethan Mason, really?" He spat, disgusted. "I thought you had higher standards than that Aria. He uses girls like toys." Aria looked down at the ground, crestfallen.


"Carter, I do. I don't know what I was thinking. Aren't you two friends anyway?" She questioned.

 "How do you think I found out?" His expression darkened. "I'm not really that asshole's friend by the way. I only talk to him cause he tells me what's going on back in the Springs." Carter clenched his fist and released it. "Look, Ar, I know you miss that Smores kid, but I personally think you can do better. And I think that you will be okay. But you're the one that keeps putting yourself in these stupid situations."


Aria sighed. She knew he was right. "I am almost halfway there, and I'll be done." Carter groaned. "I don't give a fluff about this damn challenge. I wish you would just give it up already. I feel like it's killing you." Aria rolled her eyes. "You just don't get it." Carter said, his hands in the air. "Every time I see you i just want to shake you. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. I'm out of here. I'll see you later."


With that, Carter left. She missed hanging out with him, but every time she would call he never answered. She felt like he just didn't care anymore.

Just another person to add to the list. 


She lost her best friend, her other half. No more Danielle.

She lost her first love, her rock. No more Levi. 

And her best childhood friend who she had been there for more than anything. No more Carter.

Mila wanted her to hold it together, but how could she when everything was falling apart. All she could do was hope everything would come back together soon. Something told her it would. It had to.



It wasn't long before Ethan's babies came into life.
Much to her surprise, it was triplet girls.

Cadence, Pace and Harper Rapture. Babies 41, 42 and 43.






No comments:

Post a Comment