Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things-- They save you.


-- Chuck Palahniuk

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

15- The Past is the Past. [Or So it Seems]



Boston , YA.

Beckham, YA.


Keely, YA.


She was on her way to meet the new babies Phoenix and his wife had when she ran into Ramsey Fey, her friend Logan's son.

"Hey! I heard you were in town, how are things going?" Aria asked with a smile.


Ramsey laughed, "I am actually here to ask you if I could be a father in your challenge. My dad told me you were looking for some.. You're becoming quite famous you know."

Aria's brow crinkled. She didn't like hearing that at all. And that was ANOTHER person saying it to her.

 "Well, uhm, sure. Where are you staying? I'll come by tonight." Ramsey wrote his address down on a piece of paper and Aria went on her way.


When Aria got to Phoenix's place She couldn't believe she had added three beautiful little girls to her grandchildren, now there were five. 

She spent some time with them and headed over to Ramsey's.

They spent the night together. Talking and laughing, among other things of course. She said goodbye the next morning and headed home. Ramsey had been a blast to be around.

A few weeks later, she was, indeed, having baby number 27.


Atlas, child.


Knox, child.


Arsen, child.


In no time, Aria had given birth to ANOTHER set of triplets. Gotham, Glimmer and Zaire.

Aria awoke to loud pounding on the door. And the doorbell kept ringing incessantly. She got up, throwing back the covers.

'Who the fluff would be pounding on my door at 4 oclock in the morning?' Aria thought grumpily.


She stumbled groggily down the stairs and her eyes widened at who was at the door. She swung it open. 

"What IS it Jay? Do you know what time it is?" She asked grumpily.

Jayberri looked like he hadn't slept in a couple of days, his clothes were rumpled and his eyes were wide and bloodshot.


"Aria I have so much to tell you! I need to see the babies! I miss them so much, how are they doing?? I feel like I haven't seen them in years! I have so many ideas for things to do and games to play! What are they doing? I need to see them, NOW!" He emphasized the last word.

Aria put her hands up to stop him as he tried to push past her. 


"Jay, are you okay? What are you doing here? The kids are asleep."

Jayberri laughed and pushed past Aria to the foyer, a little too roughly. 

"Hey, look, you don't have to lie. I just want to see my kids."

Aria shook her head. 

"Jay, seriously, i'm not lying. They're asleep and you really can't wake them up. You should go."

Jayberri stared at her. 

"I want to see them." He repeated.

Arias heart quickened. She knew Jayberri could get really angry, really fast. 

"I.. Jay.." Aria began, but they were interrupted by the doorbell again. Aria rushed over to answer it.

Carter was standing there, and he looked very worried. 


"Hey, Carter. What are you doing here?" She glanced over at Jayberri and stepped outside.

"I saw his car here, and it being 4 am I decided to see if everything was okay. After everything that happened when we were kids and you two were dating I thought that him being here in the middle of the night was probably not a good thing."

Aria nodded. "It seems like he could be having a mixed episode, but I don't know. Please come inside." 

She gestured towards the door and Carter went inside.

Jayberri was no where to be found. They searched the house for him but it was like he disappeared. 


"I guess he took off when he saw that you were here?" Aria said questioningly. Jayberri was starting to worry her. She sincerely hoped he was taking his medication. Things got out of hand for him really fast when he didn't.

"Look, if he is gone then I am going to head home too. I'm glad you're okay. Call me if he comes back." He smiled at her and left.


From the other room she heard Glimmer cry. With a sigh, Aria headed to the nursery to get her.


////Flashback[16]/// 

Aria woke up grinning. She couldn't believe how lucky she was. Today was the one year mark for her and Jayberri. And last week they had done.. well, it. And she felt on top of the world

"Ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." Mila singsonged, bounding into her room and jumping on the bed next to her.

Aria giggled. "Watch what you're doing jerkface, you're going to smoosh me." She play hit her arm and got out of bed. 


She walked over to the dresser and got dressed in her cutest outfit. She turned around and put her arms out, twirling. "How do I look?"

"Amazing, like always." Mila answered with a grin. Aria squealed and ran over to her, pulling her off the bed into a hug. 

"Thanks Mila. You're too sweet. Are you ready to go?" Mila nodded and they headed downstairs to the school bus.


They got off the bus and were about to enter the building when Mila stopped, her mouth hanging open and her eyes wide. She grabbed Aria's arm.

"What is it M?" She asked, puzzled. Mila pointed to the side of the school building where two figures she recognized were standing WAY too close. 

"No way." Aria whispered, her voice cracking. She could feel her eyes start to sting as she ran towards them.

"What the hell are you doing Jay!?' she demanded, heartbroken. Jayberri and Kora ripped apart and jumped about two feet away from each other. "How could you do this to me?" She questioned, tears sliding down her cheeks.


Jayberri stepped toward her, but she put her hands up and stepped back. "I can explain, Aria. It was a mistake. She came on to me. I didn't mean for it to happen."
"Just stop." Aria said, her voice breaking.

"Aria, I love you. She's nothing to me." He tried once again to come near her, but the bell rang and she took off. Mila threw him a dirty look and chased after her.


Jayberri tried calling Aria for weeks after she had caught him with Kora. Aria refused to answer. He left her voice mail after voice mail, each one sounding more and more distraught.


One night Aria heard rapping on her balcony's glass door. She sat up in bed and looked at it, not believing what she saw. Jayberri was outside, and he looked pissed. He put a hand on the doorknob and swung open the door. Aria couldn't believe she had forgotten to lock it. She jumped out of bed and backed up against the wall.

 "What are you doing here Jayberri?" She asked as quietly as she could, her parents were sleeping in the next room. Aria had never seen the look in his eyes. He looked like he was out of his mind. He definitely had NOT taken his medication. Jayberri had rapid- cycle Bipolar Disorder, but Aria had never seen him without taking his pills.


He advanced towards her and grabbed her arms, pinning her to the wall. "Why won't you talk to me?! Aria, I LOVE you. I'm so sorry!" His voice echoed through Aria's bedroom. "Shhh!, she urged him, jerking her arm away and putting a finger to lips. "Stop It, Jay! You're going to wake up my parents."


She pushed his arm out of the way and tried to walk away but he grabbed her arm and pulled her to face him. Aria was suddenly scared. "Jay let go of me." She said cautiously. He pulled on her arm again, and she fell to her knees. He got down in her face, his voice louder than before.

"I need you Aria! You can't do this to me!" Aria started crying, turning her face away from him. "Stop it, Jay please." She begged.


Aria's bedroom door slammed open and her father's voice rang out. "What the fluff do you think you're doing to my daughter!?" He shouted, pulling Jayberri off of her and shoving him away. Aria hurried over and buried her face in Mila's chest who was standing in her doorway.

Jack pointed at the door. "Get the hell out of here Jayberri. And don't come back."


Jayberri suddenly looked panicked. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me." He tried. Jack shook his head. "I don't even want to hear it. Get the fluff out of my house. Now." Jayberri looked at Aria one last time, his eyes sad. "I'm sorry, Ar." He mumbled, exiting.

"He did what?!" Carter demanded. He, Aria's best friend Joe, Willow, Mila and Joe's boyfriend, Braydon all sat in Aria's living room, discussing what had happened just hours before. Aria had called an emergency meet up. Aria had just finished explaining everything and the three guys looked furious.


"I don't entirely think he meant to, Carter. He has a disorder." Aria tried explaining, knowing it wouldn't matter. These 3 boys acted like her personal pit bulls. But they had loved Jayberri up until now.

"I don't think you should be around him anymore." Joe stated, concerned. Mila, Brayden and Carter nodded in agreement.

Willow on the other hand, had sat there silently up until now. "I know it's not easy to understand, but Aria has a point. There is something wrong in his brain, he doesn't mean to act out like that."


Aria smiled, glad at least someone understood. Carter frowned. "I don't really give a fluff. I will still mess him up if he lays another hand on you." Joe agreed, loudly. "As will I." Braydon just nodded.


"I don't think that's going to be much of a problem," Mila said, sadly, putting her phone away and leaning her head on her hand. "I just got a text from Axil. He was at the skatepark with his friends and he saw Jayberri there. With Kora. I think they're together now." Aria felt her heart ache. She should've known that was going to happen.
"I guess it's time to move on." She said quietly. 



.............................

Aria blinked the memory away, her eyes stinging. It didn't hurt nearly as much as it did then, but the betrayal still stung. She was terrified that what had happened then could happen again. Or worse. Jayberri had seemed to have it more together when she saw him at the funeral, but the last couple of times she saw him had scared her a little.
Her phone rang, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Hello?" She answered, not recognizing the name on the caller ID.


"Air Bear?" Came the joyful voice on the other end. Aria's eyes widened. "JOEJOE!!" She squealed, elated. "Yes it's me! I have something to tell you!"

"Go on." She said. "Brayden and I are coming to Riverview for a few months. We bought a small apartment there for our stay, we just got in this morning and we plan on stopping by tomorrow!" He sounded extremely excited.

"I thought you two were in school in London?" Aria asked. "We were, but we decided to take a year off. We want a baby!" Aria was confused.

"But Joe... You're gay. How are you going to have a baby?" Joe paused on the other line. "Well, Air... That's what I was wanting to ask you. Would you have the baby for us?"'


No comments:

Post a Comment